If you do your research, you can put together a decent keto meal at just about any restaurant . . . including one that’s known for its Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Yes, we’re talking about Red Lobster, and no, the biscuits aren’t keto. (But you can make a pretty delish low-carb biscuit at home.)
You’ll have to steer clear of the pasta plates and fried dishes, but if you read the restaurant’s nutrition information, you’ll find that the menu features quite a few meals that cater to those on the keto diet. From appetizers to steak to (of course!) lobster, we’ve pulled together five low-carb, high-fat dishes that will fill the void left by those cheesy biscuits.
- Appetizer: If you’re simply too hungry to wait for your entrée, start with the Buffalo Chicken Wings. For under five carbs (and almost 50 grams of fat!), you’ll get a plate of spicy wings, crunchy celery, and a creamy blue cheese dressing to drench it all in.
- Salad: On its own, the Caesar Salad (minus the croutons, of course) isn’t too filling, but when you top it with the Wood-Grilled Salmon, you’ve got one tasty meal. Stick with the caesar dressing that comes with the dish; it’s high in fat and won’t add any carbs to your meal.
- Shrimp: If you’re in the mood for a heaping platter of shrimp, order the Shrimp Your Way with double Garlic Shrimp Scampi. If you add a double side of Fresh Asparagus, you’ll enjoy an entire buttery meal for only 16 grams of carbs.
- Steak: Seafood not your thing? Go for the 7-oz. Sirloin. It’s wood-grilled and perfectly seasoned, and it comes with two sides. Skip the Mashed Potatoes and order the Fresh Broccoli and Tomato-Mozzarella Caprese — your meal will still be under 20 grams of carbs.
- Lobster: If you want heads to turn as the server brings food to your table, order the Live Maine Lobster (this is Red Lobster, after all). You’ll get a whole steamed lobster, along with two sides. Stick with the sides mentioned above to keep it low-carb, and don’t forget the extra butter!